Monday, December 12, 2011

Making My Lists


I finally sat down yesterday and got a bit organized for the holidays. It's about time, eh?

I now have multiple spreadsheets - one to keep track of the gifts and wrapping supplies I need to buy, wrap, and make; another to keep track of any baking/large-scale cooking that needs to happen in the next 2 weeks; and finally, another one to keep track of what I'm looking for at the after-Christmas sales. I've also started divvying up all the various tasks into my calendar to make sure that everything is ordered and shipped in time for the holidays. We'll see how things go. I already feel better, just having captured everything in a neat and tidy grid.

IMAG0204.jpg 

As far as craftiness goes, I'm still chugging along on the pebble quilting on my HST quilt for about 15-20 minutes each night. I'm well over halfway through, so there's a high likelihood I'll be binding it soon.

To do clutter 

Despite the fact that I have a stack of quilt tops and pieced battings collecting dust in the corner, I'm in a very zen place with this project right now.

ANOTHER spreadsheet I've been curating lately is my bucket list for next year's Jelly Roll Challenge here at Crooked Seams. One jelly roll/strippy quilt per month? I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but I've publicly committed to it, so I'll muddle through and do my best to keep up!

If you're interested in playing along, here's the deal: There's no formal enrollment process, I have no fancy schmancy sponsors, and I'm not planning to keep tabs on whether folks participate every single month. I'll just slap some kind of linky software to the bottom of my blog post each month, and anyone can link up with a strippy project they've finished over the past month for a chance to win something fun that I scrounge up out of a quilt shop clearance bin somewhere. I'm planning to keep this as unstructured as my ISTJ self will allow.

Here are a few quilts I'm eyeing for inspiration...

                                                               Source: camilleroskelley.typepad.com via Megan on Pinterest


                                                                             Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest



                                                                        Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest


That should keep me out of trouble for the first few months of the year, don't you think? Is anyone else already contemplating 2012 projects?

Here's what we're planning to eat this week, if you're here for the food...
Check out today's Menu Plan Monday post for other (non-vegetarian menus).

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!!

3 comments:

  1. good morning. I am soooo looking forward to your jellyroll quilts. I always need inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you're looking at for inspiration, Megan! I'm up to my eyeballs in UFOs and finishing Christmas presents, so OF COURSE I'm thinking about new projects for the new year. The reason being, I've finished THREE quilts since Thanksgiving--just need to find some daylight to take some photos. I'm a finishing fool over here! (Half of that statement is correct...heh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok sweetie, you have me drooling this morning over your MBS tree skirt and your inspiration for jelly rolls/your challenge. You know I want to play!!!
    PS/I think I could use a spreadsheet or two!

    ReplyDelete