Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pre-Holiday Highlights

I hope everyone's taking some time to step away from their epic holiday to do lists and enjoy time with friends and families!

Here are a few holiday wins we've had so far...


A macaroni and cheese bar for dinner with the in-laws. I set up miniature bowls of caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, bacon, and goat cheese, and then I used this macaroni and cheese recipe. As a sidenote, I cooked in the bacon in the oven, and I still can't get over how easy it is, compared to the stovetop.

This is more Mom's win than mine, but she bought this adorable gift wrap from World Market, and I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I'm planning to hit the after-Christmas sales to see if there's any left.


A super-easy tutorial from Fig Tree on embellishing flour sack towels, which can also be found at World Market, by the way.

Ashlee's quick reversible napkins tutorial. I kid you not, these napkins are perfect for pretty much every occasion - hostess gifts, holiday gifts, housewarming gifts, the list goes on. They never fail to disappoint.

A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone!

2 comments: