Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Things

Upon reflection, I realize that I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer in my last few posts. This isn't at all how I wanted to start off the year. Obviously, my life isn't as bad as I've made it out to be. Let's look at a couple of things that make me happy.

In the hubbub of the holidays, I forgot to mention that I finally worked up the gumption to make a slipcover for my ottoman one Saturday morning. I had been procrastinating on this project for 6+ months. It took me less than an hour to finish. Typical.

Let's get a little before/after action up in here...

Before:

IMG_2321 

After:

new outfit for the ottoman

Note to self: Next time you work with dropcloths, zig zag stitch all the raw edges before you hem to avoid all the endless fraying. 'm forever trimming threads off the bottom of this slipcover. I definitely followed the crowd on this project and made my slipcover out of a painter's dropcloth. I still have miles of the dropcloth left, it seems like - plenty to tackle one or two of the four wingback chairs we inherited along with the ottoman. Someday. 

First I have to finish my jelly roll quilt for January.

soothing my rankled nerves

Speaking of, here's a quick peek at the prize for the winner of this month's jelly roll quilt participant...

Jelly roll booty

One yard each of three different prints from Denyse Schmidt's latest line with Joann's. INCIDENTALLY, 3 yards is just about the same amount of fabric found in a jelly roll.

So, if this selection of fabric appeals to you, there's still plenty of time to finish your jelly roll quilt (top) for January - 12 whole days!

2 comments:

  1. Great ottoman slipcover, and I love the way your JR quilt is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that ottoman slipcover - what a huge difference an hour's worth of work can make, huh?

    ReplyDelete