Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let Me See Your Jelly Roll! in January

Um, so this is embarrassing

But I'm still not done with my jelly roll quilt for January. I still have about 4 hours' worth of work on it. I suppose I could have stayed up late the past couple of nights to finish, but I guess I'm just not hungry enough for that kind of glory.

So here's the quilt in its current state...

In progress

Maybe it's kind of like showing up to your own dinner party with your hair in rollers and the back of your dress tucked into your pantyhose, but I'm going to go ahead and post the link party now, even though I'm not done. I'll keep the party going until Saturday evening, to give everyone (myself included) to wrap up their January projects.

UPDATE (2/4/2012): I finally finished the quilt last night - holla!

The weather outside this morning is a bit gross, so I went ahead and took some pictures of the quilt on its final resting place - the guest bed.

from the other side

Related question: Do you iron your guest pillowcases? I don't. Obviously.

from one side

I had a hard time picking a favorite block, since I mixed up all the prints. But my favorite color combination was the dark pink and the light blue like this one

fave block #1

And this one.

fave block #2

For the backing, I used up a few pastel prints from my stash that aren't part of any of my Big Plans for the Crafty Future. It felt good to use up the stash.

destashing backing

Here are my final stats for the project:
Started: January 2012
Finished: February 2012
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted, machine-bound
Fabric: Oasis by 3 Sisters for Moda

Remember:
1) Quilt tops count, too!
2) It doesn't have to be a project made from an officially jelly roll - it can be any strippy quilt (top) or project
3) I'm asking that it is a project you've finished or worked on sometime in the past month. Please don't link up a jelly roll project you finished 3 years ago, k? 

On Saturday night, I'll use the trusty random number generator to pick a winner from the link party to win 3 yards of Denyse Schmidt prints.

Jelly roll booty

3 comments:

  1. You get the award for perseverance : ) I think I would have tossed it when my blocks didn't turn out at the start. Good for you for finishing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "make it work" quilt, Megan! I really like it! Stick with it--it'll feel so good when it's done!
    Also, thanks for the kick in the pants--this challenge helped me finish my first quilt of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out beautifully! I love the quilting! I wish I had a jelly roll project to enter.

    ReplyDelete