Sunday, January 1, 2012

So It Begins: Let Me See Your Jelly Roll!

My only crafty resolution for this year is to keep up with my self-issued jelly roll challenge. (In case you're interested, my only other resolution is to re-read the Harry Potter series this year. Hurrah for fun resolutions!)

jellyroll!! 

For the jelly roll challenge in January, I'm using an Oasis jelly roll by 3 Sisters for Moda with this pattern from Strip-Smart Quilts.

Jelly roll fun begins 

(Excuse the weirdness going on with the photo. My phone had some "issues" uploading the photo to flickr.)

In the spirit of bidding adieu to last year, here's the obligatory mosaic of the quilts I finished in 2011.

20120101 mosaic from 2011 

Needless to say, I didn't follow through on all my 2011 resolutions, but I'm okay with that. Time passes, priorities shift, and all that jazz. I still had a lot of fun sewing this year, even if I didn't accomplish all I envisioned at the beginning of the year.

Looking ahead to 2012, I'm excited to make some new (to me) patterns and bust some of my strippy stash in the process! I'll post a link party for a few days, to begin on January 31, if anyone would like to post links to blog posts or flickr photos about their finished strippy quilts (tops) for January. I've already pulled together a prize for an accompanying giveaway.

I hope everyone has a year full of fun times in front of the sewing machine!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so ready - I've got a Fresh Cotton jelly roll waiting in the wings!

    And have you tried listening to the HP series? The audio versions are amazing - ready by Jim Dale, and he does different voices for every character. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my jelly roll waiting for a few weeks! I'm ready!!

    Also, I'm with Sarah (commenter above)--the recordings of the HP series are pretty phenomenal. Jim Dale won a number of awards for his work on them. Worth a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to re-read the HP series last year. I only had time for the first three books before I quit. I really enjoy listening to the when I quilt. Jim Dale does a WONDERFUL job. My hubby and I just finished watching all the movies (only so-so in comparison to the books) since the first of the year. I've never used a jelly roll before. I bought a few last fall to see if I'll use them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete