Monday, February 6, 2012

January Winners and February Prep

I'm so excited that folks have decided to play along with my crazy monthly jelly roll project. This month, we had two participants, and I hate to give one person a prize and leave the other one left hanging. Soooo...

janJRwinner

#2 - Meg at The Mad Quilting Librarian wins the official prize - 3 yards total of a few Denyse Schmidt fabrics.

Jelly roll booty

#1 - Sharon over at Vrooman's Quilts wins the runner's-up prize - a Sandy Gervais layer cake from forever ago that I cut to pieces and then promptly abandoned.


Fresh-squeezed best intentions 

Ladies, I just sent you an email. Send me your mailing addresses, and you'll get your prizes soon!

In other news, I updated my post from last week with some finished pictures of and commentary for my January jelly roll quilt. You should go check it out if you're interested in how I survived my January project.

  fave block #2

I've also pulled together my fabric for February's pattern. 

jelly roll supplies for February 

The jelly roll is Botany by Lauren and Jessi Jung, with some Kona Khaki for the background. I'll use the Floral Bouquet pattern from Jelly Roll Quilts. After last month's fiasco, I'm a bit relieved to have actual written directions to follow that have been tested and proofed by someone other than my flawed self.

I have a few finished quilts that are ready for their Interweb debuts, so I'll probably run a quilt parade this week. I hope everyone's month of LUV is off to a great start!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much - as a scrap quilter, these will be a lovely addition - may already have plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations gals!! There you go again Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the debut of quilts. I started a jellyroll quilt today so maybe can link up at the end of the month? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, thanks, Megan! I promise to put these to good use! I'm Swoon-ing along this month, and getting caught up on bee blocks, but I've got a jelly-roll burning a hole on my sewing table, so I'm going to see what I can manage over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this challenge? What fun! Congrats, ladies. I'm enjoying your blog, so here's the Versatile Blogger Award :-) http://scrapsofhappiness.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-what.html

    ReplyDelete