Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday with some noticeable progress

squared up granny squares
After what seems like forever, I finally finished making all my granny squares for this month's jelly roll quilt. FYI - I squared up all my granny square blocks to 9".

Um, fyi - I probably won't completely finish my jelly roll quilt this month. You know, in case you haven't already figured that out for yourself. I'm planning to at least finish my quilt top by Saturday, though.

Warning: Feather-phobes, avert your eyes!

quilting plans 
Here's a peek at the quilting pattern I'm planning to use for my granny square quilt. I didn't even have to shrink or enlarge the pattern. It fits in the block perfectly. It's fate. This pattern is destined for this quilt.

solid love 
I also received the fabric I ordered for Triangle Modern Quilt Guild's block swap. I decided to go with a few different solids. Now I just need to cut and package them up for my fellow swappers and decide what types of blocks I most covet. (stars, geese, pinwheels, log cabins, etc.)

  • Projects started this week: 0
  • Projects finished this week: 0
  • Progress on the nutty WIP spreadsheet: I got to check off ONE box. Holla! 
  • Total number of WIPs: 24
Check out WiP Wednesday over at Lee's place for more quilting project updates.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Well, you actually get to check off two (sort of) because I finished up the Punctuation quilt top! Check out my blog for Wednesday and you'll see how it ended up! Thanks again!

    And I love that quilting pattern - it will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can quilt those??? Good on you. Can't wait to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stack of grannies! I haven't made any yet, but I have a stack of fabric set aside for them.

    Also, I love your blog header, it's really pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete