Friday, April 27, 2012

Best Of My World Since Forever

A boring thing happened in my inspiration organization last year. I've been using delicious to manage my "Best Of" links for the past few years, and then when delicious migrated from yahoo to whomever happens to own them now, my links got all screwy, and I couldn't tell which links I had blogged about in my "best of" posts and which links I hadn't. So I did my usual thang. I ignored the problem until it drove me batty. Finally, last week I just decided to scrap all the links I had previously flagged as "best of" and start over.

I have a problem

Now that I've bored you all to death, here's the triumphant return of my Best Of posts...

CRAFTINESS
  • Why I Sew - "I think there is something in all of us that wants to MAKE" - I read this post on the bus this morning and wanted to jump up and yell "AMEN", but I didn't. Because I'm not quite that uninhibited so early in the morning. So I sat tight and pretended to pump my fist. 
  • Drunkard's Path Tutorial Quilted - Be sure to check out both those links. They're both awesome. 'Nuff said. 
  • Free Hand Feathers - I'm on a bit of a feathery aspiration kick right now. This post definitely fanned the flames. 
  • DigiTech Quilting Patterns - If you're on the lookout for a pattern to quilt in your latest blocks, there's probably a likely candidate on this website somewhere. 


FOOD
  • English Muffin Bread - English muffins are one of the only breads that I haven't successfully replicated at home. I'm eager to try this bread to see if the texture is similar to store-bought English muffins. 
  • Nutella French Toast with Strawberries - Just in case you need something to do with all those strawberries that are in season.
  • Green Pea Pesto Ravioli - For all the peas and parsley that are in season this spring.

LIFE
  • (Home) Design Tips for Real People - A great collection of links/information. Be sure you have your cup of coffee/tea/booze ready to go before you click over to this one. 
  • 5 Signs You Are Decorating Out of Fear - This post was originally intended for home dec, but it definitely applies to quilting, working out, or pretty much anything else in life that involves putting on your big girl britches and getting to work. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment