Wednesday, April 25, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday - Back on the Wagon

We just wrapped up a fun looong weekend with my parents, who drove up this way to visit for a few days. We always love company, but we're also thankful to be easing back into our routine with all of its accompanying adult responsibilities (No, not those adult responsibilities! Minds out of the gutters, people!) - laundry, unloading the dishwasher, making dinner, getting up when the alarm goes off, etc.

I'm also taking stock of what kind of craftiness needs to be done in the next few days, and the answer is, well, a lot. I'm almost done quilting the mother in law's baby quilt. I just have half of the outer border left, along with some cleanup work - snipping threads, burying knots, etc.

Almost done quilting

My granny square quilt from last month is still jauntily thrown across my roll of batting.

Still a flimsy

But I've actually started my jelly roll quilt for April. You see all that fabric neatly cut and laid out on my cutting table? That's what forward progress looks like.

(slight) progress

Hopefully, I'll have a bit more substantial progress to show for next week. 
  • Projects Started: 1
  • Projects Finished: "2" - I didn't finish anything but I did remove a couple of projects off the WiP list that I'm just not feelin' anymore - a scrap quilt from my light charms and a lone star quilt that I started a couple of years ago from some super-discounted jelly rolls. More on the castoff projects later.
  • Boxes checked: 2 - for buying/gathering and cutting the fabric for my April jelly roll quilt
  • Total number of WiPs: 22

I'm linking up to W.i.P. Wednesday over at Lee's place - head on over to see what every one else has been working on this week!


3 comments:

  1. Boa sorte com todos afazeres,fico cansada só de pensar...Meu quintal está o que há de pior,kkkk. Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting the first Wednesday in May, when I can get a jellyroll at 50% off from our local quilt shoppe. I always look forward to starting something. Can't wait to see your next one. Glad you had a nice visit. My mom-in-law comes next week to hopefully meet my new grand baby (if he/she ever decides to come )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little peek at the baby quilt is lovely! Looking forward to seeing more of that one. What's the jelly roll project this month??

    ReplyDelete