Sunday, July 22, 2012

Are You Gettin' Strippy With It This Summer?

At the end of last year, I took a hard look at my stash of jelly rolls and strips and decided it was time to start putting them to work.



jellyroll!


Since January, I've been making a jelly roll quilt every month or so-ish. Here's a sampling of some of the quilts/quilt tops I've managed to finish thus far.

jelly roll mosaic - mine

While I could feel smug that I've managed to keep up, for the most part, what I'm really proud of is how many other strippy quilts folks have made and linked up so far this year. Here's a sample of the projects people have been quilting this year:

jelly roll mosaic - others

So what about you? Have you been working on any strippy quilts lately? If you've worked on one sometime this month, I'm hosting a linky party at the end of the month where you can grab the code for the button (see the right sidebar), link up the blog post about your strippy work, and share your projects. AND you'll also be entered to win a free jelly roll of this awesome fabric. So keep an eye out for the post!

Boutique by Chez Moi

Wanna play along but you haven't started a strippy project? No fear! There are a few strippy projects that come together lickety-split:

For instance, the "jelly roll race" quilt, as seen here and tutorialized here

And the Strip Tube quilt, similar to the one I made for my H2H project a few months back that was tutorialized here

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a pretty picture with all the JR quilts! I have mine ready for the next link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say I have made another one this month, but I haven't. Too busy doing hexies I guess. Maybe next time ; )

    ReplyDelete