Monday, July 23, 2012

Last Week, This Week


Last week, I didn't get much quilting/sewing done. I also didn't get much of anything else done. 


I didn't clean my house. 


I didn't make any fancy dinners, although the husbatron (aka the resident dishwasher) would testify that I still managed to dirty up a fair number of dishes in the process of dinner prep. 


I didn't do much reading for work or work email after hours.


I didn't do any yard work. 


And my Google Reader's at 1000+ unread posts, so I clearly haven't been keeping up with any category of blogs. 


I'm not quite sure what I did last week, actually. It's all a lazy summer blur.
Summer Scene

This week can be different. This week, I can finish a quilt. I can re-paint the half-bathroom. I can clear the weeds out of the front bed. I can clean the house top to bottom, including washing the slipcovers. I can paint some of the mismatched trim in the house.

I probably won't do all that, but I can, because I'm starting the week with noble intentions and fresh potential. And that's one reason to appreciate the beginning of each week.

With good reason, Mondays have a bad rap. When the alarm goes off on Monday morning, its piercing shrieks seem cruel and unusual after a relaxing weekend. But Mondays are also full of opportunity.

Last week is gone. Feeling remorseful over what didn't get done last week is a waste of time.

But this week, this week is wide open with possibilities.

Sorry to go all touchy-feely on you. I had to get it out of my system. Getting down to the brass tax of things...

IMAG0329 

This week, I hope to:
  • finish quilting my Bliss quilt (y'all, I'm so close I can almost taste it)
  • make cherry turnovers for the husbatron (inspirational recipes here, here, and here)
  • spray paint some picture frames to hang in the sewing room
Do you have any big or small plans for the week? 


4 comments:

  1. Well, all my monthly challenges are completed - so my week is to concentrate on getting some of that 'pile' of to-be-quilted down. I did get two quick ones out of the way, another is 3/4 done, and the next is basted up. I won't count how many are sitting there, that would take the wind out of my sails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayak, fish, read, eat, sleep. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly are ambitious ! Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all happen : ) Your quilt looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've set off 4 smoke alarms today... with the best intentions ofc. ;) Lukily, the dish was totally worth it! Here's to a fabulous Monday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete