Now I have a stack of quilts that need to be bound. I didn't start out the year planning to finish all my WiPs, but machine quilting all those tops last month gave me an appetite for more closure.
The plan wasn't really all that ridiculous, considering that most of my WiPs are already quilt tops - they just need to be backed, basted, quilted, and bound. What I didn't account for in my plan was the jelly roll project I'd be starting each month that would add another project to the WiP list.
I also failed to account for the distraction factor. It seems like every week, I see something out in blogland that convinces me that I have to finish this project, no this project, or how about this project next. My current priorities for the month:
1) Finish machine quilting my string quilt, because the machine quilting pattern I'm using is fabulous thus far, and I'm excited to see what kind of quilting texture comes out of it.
3) Back, baste, and at least quilt my Ruby quilt, so I'm not adding anything to the WiP list this month.
In less ambitious news, here's what we're eating this week. (Check out OrgJunkie for more meal ideas.) Notice the abundance of beans in our diet this week - it's the end of our home budget cycle, so the grocery bucket is getting perilously low.
- Black Bean Burgers, Hot Corn Dip
- Peas, Pasta, and Pesto; Balsamic Roasted Salmon
- Chipotle Black Bean Soup, Cornbread
- Durham Bullz Game - dinner will be totally healthy, I'm sure.
- Veggie and Tofu Fried Rice (based on this recipe)
- Homemade Margherita/Pesto Pizza
I'm linking up to Lee's WiP Wednesday post. Be sure to check out what everyone else is working on this week!