Thursday, September 20, 2012

Scrappy Siblings

Last summer, I wanted a couple of easy projects to take to the beach with me, something easy, quick and portable. You know, the quilty equivalent of a trashy paperback for beach reading. I grabbed some charm squares from my stack of scrappy charms, along with a big stack of yardage for the background.

I used a couple of (borderless) variations on my Double 4-patch tutorial. Whenever I'm not sure what to do with a charm pack, it's one of my go-to patterns.

Untitled

I can't decide which version I like better.

Untitled 

Don't make me choose.

I finished up the quilt tops late last summer, but it wasn't until THIS summer that I pulled them out to baste and quilt - it took all of one night to quilt both of them.

Untitled


Untitled 

The backings came off the sale rack at Thimble Pleasures, one of my favorite places to score reasonably priced backing fabric.

Now the quilts are on their way to kids with Durham Foster Care.


7 comments:

  1. Sweet quilt, Megan : )
    Thanks for the tutorial and the links to other tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Megan, these are wonderful! And I've got some charm packs siting around waiting for a great pattern! Tell me, how big does it make up borderless?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great! What size do they finish at? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You quilted 2 in one night? Awesome. I am sure they will be much appreciated : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love both versions! I love charm packs but always struggle with what to do with them. I also have a Moda candy bar set I bought eons ago and haven't touched yet, this would be perfect for it. :)

    ReplyDelete