Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Week With All the Binding

This week will go down as a week of epic closure in the history of my quilting life. Last Friday night, I stayed up late making six, yes SIX, bindings. Three of them, I attached all by machine while polishing off Desperate Housewives, Season 6- more on those quilts later this week. The other three, I'm tacking down by hand.

more hand binding 
The Joy quilt is definitely one of my favorites from this year.

time to bind the grannies 
Closely followed by the granny square quilt I made with some Etchings fabric by 3 Sisters.

Here's a link to my nutty WiP spreadsheet. You might or might not notice that I'm making glacial progress - I'm all the way down to 20 projects - 2 months ago, I was at 23 - w00t!

I'm linking up to WiP Wednesday. Go see what all the cool kids are working on this week!


11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I love your spreadsheet! My OCD needs something like this! :) Good luck with all your binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's the first time I've ever looked at your chart - it does make it look more manageable, I bet! Good for you, getting those bindings done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven's! I be mortified if anyone saw my WIP lists--and I did make them up! Unfortunately I just keep adding and adding--it's too rare for something to be finished, list or not! Glad to know it's possible for you to make progress though--gives me hope that someday things could change for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just designed a very similar spreadsheet for myself last night! I love it! Hopefully it will help me make some progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six bindings? You're amazing! My fingers always feel like they're going to fall off (or leave in protest) after binding just one quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Megan. Can't wait to see that Joy quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organized, Megan! I could learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock, Megan! I think you should get some kind of quilting medal for that marathon binding session. There is something so gratifying about getting that final step done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty picture of your Joy quilt. :) I have such a hard time sitting down to bind, but I am WRETCHED at machine-binding, so hand-binding is the way for me. :)
    And thanks for your Dr Quiltlove series. You said a lot of things I needed to hear. Now to just get the quilt tops done so I can bravely go forth and quilt them! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, can I ever relate to you on the binding issue! I spent a fortune a few months ago having four quilts quilted and I have not trimmed them down and attached the bindings yet. That is just crazy. Good for you for getting yours done. I am inspired to tackle mine now.

    ReplyDelete