Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5: Skinny Minnies

Sometimes, you see a quilt on Pinterest, and it's pretty much love at first sight. So it was with me and this quilt, but I'm saving the pattern "for something special that comes along."

skinny strings

Unlike some of the other string blocks I've made thus far (cough cough, spiderweb), this block came together in a snap and used up some of the smaller scraps that aren't quite big enough for most string blocks. That middle strip of strings is only 2.5" (2" finished)! It's definitely not the quilt pattern for putting a huge dent in your stash of strings. Save it for those last few pieces of Flea Market Fancy or Far Far Away that you just can't bear to send to the scrap drawer. It's a great pattern for savoring the last few bits of your favorite prints.

Here are the basic sizes for all the block pieces to make an 8" block (8.5" unfinished). I went ahead and added in the seam allowances on the cutting instructions, so don't add any extra, unless you want a bigger block.

  IMG_3232-e2


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I HAVE that pattern! You've reminded me of how much I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. This is a great idea to use up those last little bits, scraps, of a favorite collection. I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I've been enjoying your posts : )

    ReplyDelete