Monday, December 31, 2012

The Only Snow I've Seen This Season

For December, I threw my jelly roll/strippy resolutions to the wind and went over to the dark side. I hit up Fat Quarter Shop's holiday sale, ordered a LOAD of Cuzco yardage by Kate Spain, and made my own layer cake. Well, the equivalent of 2 layer cakes actually.

cuzco yardage ftw!

You see, I used almost all my spare time this month making a KING-sized quilt top to go on my sister-in-law's bed. In between all the nuttiness that goes along with the holiday season - traveling to/from get-togethers, holiday gift shopping, and dealing with the fallout credit card fraud (2 rounds of it to be exact) that goes along with aforementioned holiday gift shopping - I was stealing some time in the sewing room piecing my little heart out.

Here's a sneak peek of the top. I used Natalia's tutorial for Verna's Quilt (minus the flower applique). I love the oversized snowball blocks - they're perfect for showcasing large-scale prints. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures of the finished quilt to show soon! We're meeting up with the in-laws sometime in January to exchange gifts, so I still have a bit of breathing room to finish the quilting.

snowballs!

Who snuck over to their sewing machines this month to work on a strippy (or not) project? Link up below! The party will rage on until January 7th around 11pm.

jellyroll!

4 comments:

  1. Two rounds of fraud? I'm so nervous about that.
    Happy new Year Megan. Look forward to seeing what you do in 2013 ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!
    I love Cuzco by Kate Spain too. Such a beautiful line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do any strippy projects in December - did a bunch of others, though! Your snowball quilt is gorgeous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* those fabric choices, and that you chose a large block to really show them off!

    ReplyDelete