Sunday, June 9, 2013

Seven Days of Sewing

It's been 9 days since I've sewn anything. Nine. I haven't even touched my hexagons. It's taking its toll. I'm starting to get a little jittery. But the next week, it will be different.

Every day for the next seven days, I'm challenging myself to sew something. I'm not pressuring myself to finish a project, or even complete a whole step of a project. I'm not pressuring myself to work for a certain amount of time - 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours, whatever I can squeeze in, as long as I do something. I just need to shuffle some sewing time back into my life and regain some sanity.

I won't blog every day, but I will try to post a pic each day on instagram and come back at the end of the week with an update - I'm @crookedseams on instagram, and I'll be using the hashtag, #7daysofsewing, to pull it all together. Feel free to follow/play along if you'd like!

I'm traveling home from a work conference in Buffalo (skyline shot below) most of the day today, but the fun starts tonight!

buffalo skyline from the hotel

Per usual, this guy will supervise.
supervisor

6 comments:

  1. I have almost finishe dt he quilt I'm making frm the jellyrolls strips I won from you- French general. Ill hook up with you on Instagram where I post my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're posting again. Hope you are feeling good. I'll look forward to your re-cap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back - everything has a cycle, so relax and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your name pop up in my blog roll again! I'll be interested to see what you work on this week! Remember, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...did you get anything done? I didn't get much done for most of the past 2 months, but, that's ok.

    ReplyDelete