A Sampling of the Quilts I Finished This Year
10 Favorites from 2012
- Favorite New Quiltin' Stitch: Hands down, the concentric circles, as seen on the Joyous Strings Quilt.
- Favorite Crafty Book: Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts - If you have an affinity for antique quilts, try to get your hands on a copy of this book!
- Favorite New Recipe: Channa Masala. A close second = homemade naan to go with said channa masala. I use smitten kitchen's pita recipe and just fry up the pita dough in an iron skillet with some olive oil.
- Favorite Book I Read This Year: The $64 Tomato - it definitely tempered my delusions of gardening grandeur into something a bit more realistic for the amount of time and energy I have to devote to such endeavours.
- Favorite Fabric on My Shelf: The orange and aqua colorway from Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection. I just like to sit and stare at it sometimes.
- Favorite Blogland Trend: Granny Squares - I loved seeing all the different color combos for this one quilt block made out of humble 2.5" squares. See my interpretation here.
- Favorite Erma Bombeck Moment(s): My Dr. QuiltLove Mini-Series. Apparently, I had a lot to get off my chest this summer.
- Favorite Quilt I Finished in 2012: Half-Square Triangle Bliss, despite the fact that the bleeding charm squares almost gave me a coronary (spoiler alert: a combo of OxiClean and Color Catchers saved the day). Coincidentally, this is also your favorite quilt of mine from this year - it's had more views than any other 2012 post!
- Favorite WiP/UFO: This inverted 9-patch top, even though I haven't worked on it since 2010.
- Favorite Quilt by Someone Else: Urban Beads by Jenny Pedigo